We are continuing our work on the authority control project to update existing OCLC bibliographic records in our database with up-to-date author, subject, genre, and uniform title (series) headings.
On October 14 and 15 (this weekend), LibLime will be deleting authority records and re-loading new authority records. This means that there needs to be a full cataloging moratorium this weekend with no work done on bib records (including BSEs).
On Saturday, October 14 and Sunday, October 15 staff cannot:
- Create new BSE records.
- Use "Send to Catalog" from GetIt to create bib records.
- Create new LOCAL or PERM records.
During this weekend staff can continue to:
- Create, edit, withdraw, and delete item records for items owned by your library.
- Use "Send to Catalog" from GetIt to create item records.
- Work with Purchase orders in GetIt (as long as you don't send bibs to the catalog).
- Work with Receiving and Invoicing in GetIt.
- Update and create GEN records.
- Do serials checkin in Koha Periodicals.
On Monday, October 16, cataloging and acquisitions staff will receive an email (should be early in the morning) when it is ok to resume creating new BSE records and sending to catalog from GetIt. Also, next week LibLime will load the changed bib records (approx. 350,000 bibs). While cataloging and acquisitions work can continue as usual, staff may notice a delay in the indexing of new BSEs while the new bib records are being loaded.