Occasionally you may encounter this pop-up when checking out items to a patron:
There are a variety of reasons why this can happen but you have to make a decision; click "Yes, Check Out" to the current patron or "No, Don't Check Out" and leave the item checked out to the previous patron.
IF you choose to check out to the current patron and IF the item was overdue on the previous patron's record, this "Check in/Check out" does not credit the previous patron's overdue fines.
If it is your library's policy to credit the previous patron's overdue fines, follow these steps:
- Click the "NO, Don't Check Out " button.
- Open Koha in a new tab.
- Select the Check in function on the main page.
- Select the “Forgive overdue charges” Check in option.
- Check in the item.
- Un-select the “Forgive overdue charges” checkbox and click the Submit button to clear that check in option.
- Go back to the original Koha tab and continue checking out the item to the new patron.
Submitted by E. Kersten/Pinney Branch, Madison Public Library