For the most current news, see the ILS Support Main page.
- 1/20/12 We are currently offering two sessions of the ILS Annual Report Webinar on February 2nd, 9 - 11:30 am or February 7th, 1 - 3:30 pm. The ILS annual report webinars will provide guidance on using your LINKcat year end reports to answer questions on your library's annual report. The webinars will cover Cataloging, Serials, and Circulation data. The Cataloging/Serials portion will be first and will take approximately an hour. Then we will take a 15 minute break. After the break, the Circulation part will begin and should also last approximately an hour. You may register online at:
- 1/20/12 The tentative upgrade date for Koha 4.10 is January 31. We will keep you posted.
- 1/19/12 A summary and analysis from the LINKcat patron survey have been posted on the PAC page. A separate message will be sent to those patrons who asked to be notified of results.
- 1/13/12 The Dynix print annual reports have been distributed via Delivery. Please watch for annual report workshop information in your email and on this page.
- 1/11/12 The December ILS Committee Minutes have been posted.
- 1/11/12 LINKcat survey: The unedited responses to the two free text questions from the survey have been posted on the PAC page. There are 2800+ responses to these two questions. We are still working on categorizing the responses. Survey results for the rest of the survey will be posted in the next couple of weeks.
- 1/11/12 The labels on the LINKcat login/password box have been changed to Login/Barcode and PIN/Password. This was done because patrons can use either their barcode (truncated barcodes will work) or their custom login (if they have requested one) to log in. They may only have one password, but it could be a password that they created in Koha, or the PIN that migrated from Dynix.
- 1/10/12 Annual report update:
- The Koha annual reports are being generated.
- We will distribute the Dynix pring annual reports within a day or two (due to illness this has been delayed)
- We are working on the state annual report memo and will schedule workshops to assist you with using Dynix and Koha to complete the report.
- 1/10/12 We are working to transition libraries over to printing their own notices beginning February 27, 2012. We are looking for a few libraries to help pilot test printing notices. Please let Vicki Teal Lovely know if you would like your library to participate in the pilot.
- 1/4/12 The "Total Checkouts" and "Total Renewals" fields on each item were reset for 2012. These fields reflect 2012 activity, or "current use." 2011 use counts (both checkouts and renewals) were added to the use counts that migrated from Dynix. Total past use is in each item record in the "Z - Dynix Past and Current Use" field. This field will be renamed to "Z - Dynix and Koha Past Use" by the end of this week.
- 1/3/12 The minutes from the Resource Sharing Work Group November 17, 2011 meeting are available online.
- 12/30/11 In preparation for the upcoming 4.10 Koha upgrade, we encourage everyone to become familiar with the new Holds Management Software. You will find documentation to walk you through the new feature on the Training page under Testing/Holds management in Koha. You can try it out now in the sandbox.
- 12/23/11 Items with a status of Withdrawn were deleted yesterday. Items that were also checked out were not deleted.
- 12/22/11 The ILS Help Desk will not be available on Monday, December 26. Notices from 12/24 through 12/26 will be printed on 12/26 and put into deliver on 12/27.
- 12/22/11 Announcement regarding 4.10 upgrade.
- 12/21/11 General testing in the 4.9 sandbox is complete.
- 12/21/11 We have turned on patron images in the sandbox. Take a look at patron "Danny Dynix." We are just trying it out at this point--you can too. Before we implement this in Production, we would need to set guidelines and make sure that loading images does not affect response time, etc.
- 12/20/11 This is a reminder that there is another scheduled Amazon down-time for maintenance this evening between 10pm and 4am. We are working with LibLime to minimize problems as a result of this downtime. We updated LINKcat, Facebook and Twitter to inform as many patrons as possible.
- 12/19/11 Please check the Recently Added section of the Known Problems page for updates on several problems that have occured since the Amazon server maintenance on 12/12/11.
- Odd display problems: Sometimes Koha displays with the wrong font or with icons out of place. This has occurred since the system maintenance overnight on 12/12 and has been reported to LibLime. The problem occurs in both the staff client and the PAC. Refreshing the screen or clicking on a link to get to another page usually clears the display problems. (12/16/2011) (SCLS Support 41637) (Not on Koha Problems and Fixes spreadsheet) (Fixed 12/20/11)
New Problems Identified
- We have received reports of patrons with multiple holds on the same bib. We have not been able to replicate this problem, but we have reported it to LibLime. Please report instances of this on the Problems and Questions form. (1/24/2012) (SCLS Support Ticket 41643) (Not on Koha Problems and Fixes spreadsheet)
- At Checkout, if you see the pop-up message "Please Confirm Checkout - Item (title) checked out to Patron X. Check in and Check Out? Check out anyway?, click "No, Don't Check Out". Leave the Check Out screen, go to Check in and check the item in before proceeding with the check out to the current patron. There is a bug that is causing display problems in patron records when Lost and Claims Returned items are "checked in" at Check Out; the current patron information will display in the previous patron's Account screen. SCLS staff will run daily reports and submit them for data cleanup until the next upgrade. (1/19/2012) (SCLS Support ticket 41371) (Not on Koha Problems and Fixes spreadsheet) (Fixed in 4.9)