Guest post by Kerri.
In past weeks, I saw some tips about the new LINKcat mentioned on library Facebook pages and in their Twitter streams. Here are a few:
- Say your want to put multiple items on hold. Add each to your CART, then select all, then choose "Place Hold."... http://fb.me/t3hr9Rtx
- Email notices of holds are sent within 1-2 hours of when they're checked in!
- Q: Why do I have fines for things I haven't returned? A: New LINKcat assesses fines when items go overdue, not when returned.
- Q: why can't I log in? A: your login is your 14 digit barcode number (no more shortcuts) and your password is your PIN.
- We've posted a few pictures on facebook from our transition to the new LINKcat. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150157212340415.289765.125660475414
- Learn new LINKcat via YouTube: http://ow.ly/4C7bb
I've also had some positive comments made by patrons about the catalog passed my way (Thanks, Maggie!)...
- "I like the idea of the cart, I feel like I am shopping but not spending any money!"
- "Wow - so if I want all this books by the same author, all I have to do is click the box and put them on hold at the same time? That is easy"
- "I was kind of confused the first night I got on, but it is nice that I get suggestions, I'm not the world's greatest speller..."
Have others? Please leave them in the comments!