We will be migrating the data in your serials copy records to Koha. Now is a good time to make sure that they are in good shape. If you haven't done so already, complete the January/February tasks in the Serials Annual Cycle of Maintenance Activities*. To assist you with this, I will be generating the Union List of Serials Report* for each library over the next few days. We will be migrating both inactive and active copy records. The goal is to delete as many inactive copy records* as possible prior to the migration. The following are steps to be used with the report in hand to help make sure inactive copy records that no longer need to be retained will be deleted.
- Any inactive copy record that does not have holdings associated with it will be deleted by SCLS ILS staff without further action from you.
- Look for straggling or stray items associated with a copy record. Can they be deleted so that the copy record can be deleted?
- Look for stray Special Issues. These need to be deleted from the copy record.
- Do you have holdings that go beyond your library's retention policy? Is it time to delete them?
- If you have a lapsed or cancelled subscription that is still Active, mark the copy record inactive* and mark any predicted issues you will not receive as "Not Available".
You may wish to take a look at the copy records (both active and inactive) that you will be retaining because they have holdings attached or represent a subscription with no holdings such as newspapers.
- Check that the Collection Codes are correct on all copies for the same title.
- Check that Public Notes (if any) are accurate and appear on all copies for the same title.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this report or any of these procedures.