It's the week of the podcast!
On June 5, the Sirsi Dynix Institute presented What's New in Podcasting?, which examined developments in library podcasting and included tips for considering, planning, creating, evaluating and sustaining a podcasting program.
On June 1, TechSoup posted an article called Seven Ways Nonprofits Can Use Podcasts. Some ideas were more elaborate than others, but translated for libraries, the best ideas were those that multiplied the benefit of projects libraries were already doing.
If you're already:
- writing a column for a newsletter (director's report, what's new at the library)
- giving regular talks at the Rotary, schools, or community organizations
- writing book reviews or giving book talks
- recording public service announcements for local radio
- reading public domain stories at preschool storytime
...maybe it wouldn't be too much harder to record such talks and post them as podcasts.