- Log in to your existing personal account
- Go to http://business.pinterest.com/
- Click on "Convert your existing account"
- Follow the steps and complete the process
Warning: Once you convert your personal account to a business account, you will not be able to switch it back to a personal account.
If you're thinking about using Pinterest Web analytics, make sure your account is converted to a business account before you do the verification. Otherwise, you may end up doing the verification twice!
Why convert your library's account to a business account?
- To comply with Pinterest's Terms of Service
- You can use your library's whole name as it should be (no more needing to split it between the "first" and "last" name fields)
- Within its business site, Pinterest is adding educational materials specifically for businesses to learn how to market themselves.
- Pinterest is working on a whole new set of features exclusively for businesses to help them expand their reach and understand their Pinterest audience
Source: Social Media Examiner - "Pinterest Business Accounts: The Definitive Guide to Getting Started"
Interested in more information about using Pinterest for your library? Check out the February "Know More" webinar with special guest Joy Schwarz talking about "Pinterest and Libraries" (30-min archived program). It was a great overview of Pinterest and had lots of ideas about how you can use Pinterest for your library. For example, did you know there's a Pinterest widget builder for business accounts that you can embed on your library's website to invite people to follow your boards? I didn't!
Already using Pinterest for library-related purposes? Please take a few minutes to fill out a short survey about how you're using it!