I am re-posting this Wicked Cool blog from 2008 because I find that, as I age, I need assistance with reading the "fine print". You can test the instructions while reading the post. Happy New Year. Heidi O.
Tired of squinting at websites with too-small text? Use one of these easy techniques to make the text BIGGER, smaller or re-set the page to "normal size". Works on most websites:
Ctrl and Mouse Scroll-Wheel
If you have a scroll-wheel mouse, hold down the Ctrl key and spin the mouse-wheel.
- Works in both Firefox and Chrome.
- Also works in Adobe Reader and the Adobe Reader browser plug-in.
- Different browsers may vary in which direction you have to scroll for larger or smaller text.
Ctrl and +, Ctrl and -, Ctrl and 0
Hold down the Ctrl key and hit the + key at the same time. More than once makes it bigger. Use Ctrl and - for smaller text, or Ctrl and 0 to return to normal size.
- Works in Firefox and Chrome.
If you don't want to use these options, there are per browser settings you can modify.
- In the Firefox toolbar, select View then Zoom to see and set your options.
- In Chrome, go to the upper right corner and click on the "hamburger" or the "three dots". The Zoom option is in this menu and you can set the percentage or choose Full Screen from here.