We're over two weeks and five training sessions into the Next Generation of OverDrive and here's what I've learned so far:
- OverDrive is still fixing and tweaking the site and App so little things may change from day to day
- The OverDrive Apps have all been updated - Yay!
- I've started referring to transferring titles from the computer to a device as the "traditional" or "old way" (it's still my way for my NOOK Tablet)
- Patrons can now cancel holds during the 3-day period it's available to borrow
- Able to tell at a glance if a title is available
- Someone at your library should be subscribed to the WPLC Email List as OverDrive tips and news are shared here
Librarians are awesome! Jim Ramsey from Middleton Public Library graciously offered to share the instructions they created for use with patrons and gave me permission to post them here. They're in Word format so feel free to customize for your library. Thanks Jim!
- Kindle Step-by-Step
- Kindle Fire with OverDrive App
- NOOK Color/Tablet with OverDrive App
- Android Tablet with OverDrive App
- iPad and other IOS Devices with OverDrive App