I've spent a fair amount of time recently looking at database statistics and spreadsheets. I had a great question yesterday that had me filtering these spreadsheets to help make the data a little easier to read.
The question was, "Is there an easy way for me to see subscribing libraries' use of Morningstar and ValueLine?"
The answer is "Yes!" We offer the database stats in spreadsheet format. You can filter any spreadsheet to show only certain data.
- Take your spreadsheet (I'll use the 2011 Remote Database Use spreadsheet in my example)
- Ctrl-A to select all of the data on a sheet
- Click on the Sort&Filter button
- Choose Filter
- In the spreadsheet, click on the drop-down arrow for the "Database" column
- Uncheck the "Select All" box
- Check the boxes for the databases whose stats you'd like to view (Morningstar and ValueLine for this example)
- Ta-da! Remote Use data only for Morningstar and ValueLine!