Sign up for an OverDrive Support account
OverDrive now offers a Support Request Form that empowers library staff to contact OverDrive's Support Services team directly. We strongly encourage staff at SCLS member libraries to sign up for an account to use the form.
What's in it for you?
- Advice and troubleshooting tips directly from OverDrive staff
- Quick turnaround to assist patrons
- Complete and accurate information
How does the support form work?
The form for obtaining technical support is part of Content Reserve, a staff-only website provided by OverDrive. Support requests are submitted by logging in to the Content Reserve website and filling out
the form. OverDrive assigns a case number to each request and responds to library staff via email. Detailed information about using the support form (pdf).
What kind of requests can you make via the support form?
- Move holds and checkouts from an old barcode to a new barcode
- Adjust the hold list for a patron who missed their hold due to technology issues
- Provide steps to resolve a specific error message
- Answer "how to" and device/format compatibility questions
- And more!
How can you use responses you receive via the support form?
- Copy suggested steps into an email to the patron who needs assistance
- Use the suggested steps as your "script" for phoning the patron
What about the WPLC Support Request Form?
The WPLC Support Request Form is still available for patrons and librarians. If WPLC Support doesn't know the answer to the question, they also use OverDrive's support form to get help. Bypassing the WPLC form and using OverDrive's support form yourself may eliminate that extra step.
What about calling someone at SCLS?
We can't beat OverDrive Support at having all the answers! (Like WPLC Support, I turn to OverDrive’s support form when I can’t solve an issue on my own.) And we can’t always be at our desks when you call. OverDrive Support has multiple people dedicated to providing timely, reliable answers to your questions.
Request an account for your library, your branch, or yourself. SCLS will coordinate getting the accounts and provide training.