Koha Log In Problem Solution
Have you ever had the problem that when you try to log into Koha you get the big Error Trace message? I know a few of you have, so I thought it might be worth sharing the secret to getting rid of this problem.
If you have previously logged out of Koha successfully the address bar should be displaying the address that ends in ...library.com/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl?logout.x=1 when you are at the Koha login screen. If you just closed Firefox and did not log out of Koha then Firefox tries to be nice and take you back to exactly where you were when you closed Firefox. This helpfulness is what causes you to see the big Error Trace message when you try to log in. Follow these steps to get logged into Koha:
- Put your cursor in the address bar at the end of the address
- Delete everything up to but not including the .com
- Hit enter
- You see the message: "Error: Session timed out, please log in again"
- Enter your login information
- You should then be able to successfully log into Koha
- If this doesn't help you log into Koha then give me a call
To prevent this problem from happening again you should always first log out of Koha and then close Firefox.