Eliminate Firefox and Koha Confusion
If you have the Koha Receipts or Koha Labels Firefox profile set up on your PC, you may have trouble distinguishing which instance of Firefox you are viewing. It's important not to be confused so that you don't accidentally send a full page printout to the receipt printer or spine label printer. One way to distinguish one profile from another is to change the Firefox persona, or skin, of one of the profiles. Another option is to change the text in the Firefox title bar.
Changing the Firefox Persona (for versions 3.6.x.x.)
- Launch the Koha Receipts or Koha Labels profile using the corresponding desktop shortcut
- Browse to http://www.getpersonas.com/en-US/gallery/All/Popular
- Choose a persona. You can preview them by hovering your mouse cursor over each option. In my opinion, the personas in the Solid category are the most simplistic.
- If you like a persona, click Wear it
Once you have some personas downloaded, you can change them at any time within the browser.
- Click Tools
- Click Add-ons
- Click Themes
- Click one of the choices
- Click Use Theme
See Using Themes with Firefox for more information about using personas in older versions of Firefox.
Changing the Text in the Firefox Title Bar
- Launch the Koha Receipts or Koha Labels profile using the corresponding desktop shorcut
- Browse to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/mr-tech-toolkit/
- Click Add to Firefox
- Click Install
- After the install, click Restart Firefox
- If the add-ons window appears, just close it
- Click Tools
- Click MR Tech Toolkit Options
- Click General
- Click Window Title Options
- Check the box next to Use custom window title below
- Next to Custom title template, delete everything in the box and enter the text you'd like to appear in the title bar. Suggestion: Koha Receipt Printing Support Only
- Click OK
- Now the title bar should include the text you chose in step 11
Thanks Pat and Greg for the suggestions.