Facebook: Wonder what your profile looks like to others?
Ever wonder, “What does my Facebook profile look like in general or for a specific person?”
Facebook offers lots of knobs to tweak so that you can define who sees what parts of your profile: everyone, friends of friends, friends or me only. Facebook also regularly alters what knobs exist and where they exist. Consequently, it can be hard to conceptualize what your profile actually looks like to others. But here’s how you can find out.
Log into your Facebook account.
- Click the down arrow associated with Account in the top right-hand of the screen.
- Select the Account Settings menu option.
- Select manage in the Privacy section.
- Click the View settings link in the Basic Directory Information section at the top of the screen.
- Click the Preview My Profile button at the top of the screen.
- The new screen will reveal how your profile looks to most people.
- If you want to see what your profile looks like for a specific person (someone you’ve friended or someone you’ve blocked), type in their name in the Preview how your profile appears to a specific person field at the top of screen.