Fun with Firefox tabs
Today I learned an easy way to bring back that accidentally-closed tab. Just hit Ctrl-Shift-T!
Some other handy keyboard shortcuts when working with Firefox tabs:
- Ctrl+Tab (rotate forward among tabs)
- Ctrl+Shft+Tab (rotate backward among tabs)
- Ctrl + T (new tab)
- Ctrl + [1-8] (select Tab (1 to 8))
- Ctrl + 9 (select last Tab)
- Ctrl + W (close the current tab. If there is only one tab left, it will close the window, exiting Firefox)
Did you know that Firefox will also let you set more than one site as your home page? Each page will open in its own tab when you start Firefox. Instructions for how to do this can be found here on the Mozilla site.
And did you know that you can drag Firefox tabs from one Firefox window to another? Very handy if you're lucky enough to be working with multiple monitors!