SCLS is launching a new Help Desk web portal, accessible from PCs on the SCLS network. This portal will consolidate the current ILS and technology forms into a one-stop location to report all non-urgent technology and Koha issues (problems, questions, work requests, etc.). This new portal will work in conjunction with the SCLS ticketing system to provide better confirmation and tracking of submissions entered by library staff.
What are the benefits of the portal?
- Single form instead of separate ILS and Technology support forms
- Confirmation and update emails
- Library staff receive a confirmation email after they submit a ticket
- Library staff receive email notifications when updates are made to their tickets
- Option for library staff to add additional comments and updates to their tickets
- Library staff can upload screenshots or other attachments
- Only have to fill out your contact info once
How do I get to the new Help Desk portal?
- Type http://helpdesk/portal into your browser’s address bar
- When we officially launch the portal to all libraries, we hope to add a desktop shortcut to the portal to all staff PCs
What do library staff need to know to use it?
Everything that you’ll need to know about the portal can be found on the Portal Help page.
Library staff will need to create a user account to report issues (this user account is tied to an email address that is used to send updates about the ticket status)
- will take the place of the online ILS and Technology support forms
- can be used to report non-urgent issues
- is only accessible from PCs on the SCLS network
- requires a user account to submit issues
- is not required – library staff can still report issues via the Help Desk
Pilot: May 4 – June 15, 2015
Go-Live: June 15, 2015
We welcome your questions and feedback about the Help Desk portal! Please submit by June 8, 2015 to Brian.