Presented on May 14, 2013 with Marge Loch-Wouters from La Crosse Public Library presenting.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten programs are springing up in libraries around the country. Learn about this new way to create a DIY initiative that provides preschoolers with rich reading experiences and let’s their parents and caregivers experience the library in fresh ways. A bonus for the staff - motivation by a new, creative challenge. Explore a fun passive early-childhood initiative that is easy to plan, maximizes your staff resources, and enables you to reach more young families.
- 0-100 Sheet
- 1000 Books 100 Level Sheet
- 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Description
- 1000 Books Parent Intro Letter
- Flower Seed Bookmark
- Book Bundles Lists from Karen Lucas, Madison Public Library - Sequoya Branch
- Tiny Tips for Library Fun
- Beth Crist, Colorado Department of Education
- Let 1000 Books Bloom Pinterest Board
- Kathleen Larson's Google Map of 1000 Books Programs
- Sara Bryce's Blog post with Research Cited to Support 1000 Books
- Angela Myers, Waukesha County Federated Library System
- La Crosse Public Library Materials
Contact Marge at Marge at lacrosselibrary.org (replace at with @)