Yesterday, August 26, 2009, was Tech Day here at SCLS. The morning started off with a presentation titled "Freak Out, Geek Out, or Seek Out: Trends, Transformations, and Change in Libraries" by David Lee King. David's slides will be posted soon and I'll post the link when it's available are available.
The afternoon was divided into five hands-on sessions:
- Gaming Packages - Wii (featuring the new Wii Sports Resort), Guitary Hero and DDR with Heidi Moe and Shawn Brommer.
- HP Touchsmart and Netbook demo with Dan Jacobson
- Google Room with Stef Morrill
- Gadgets - including the Kindle, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, the Sony Reader, Flip Video Camera, Digital Camera, iPod, iPod Touch, and the Microsoft Zune - with Jean Anderson and Mark Ibach
- Social Networking - featuring Facebook, Twitter, Delicious, Bloglines, and Google Reader - with Rose Ziech and Kerri Hilbelink
I'll be adding links to this posting as they become available - check back often.
Many thanks to all who attended - I hope you enjoyed the day! Many, many thanks to everyone at SCLS who helped make the day a great success.