Presented on October 10, 2014 at Olbrich Gardens, Madison. Presenters were Raina Booom, UW Madison College Library and Christi Andringa, Candringa Productions.
Raina's Resources (Coming soon)
Jean's Happy at Work Resources
- Simon Sinek, Why Good Leaders Make You Feel Safe (TED Talk) and How Great Leaders Inspire Action. I saw Simon Sinek at the PLA Conference this past March and he was very inspiring. He also has two books: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action and Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don't
- Shawn Achor, The Happy Secret to Better Work (TED Talk). This is one of the videos I showed you at the workshop. He also has a couple of books: Before Happiness and The Happiness Advantage.
- Alexander Kjerulf, Happiness at Work (TEDx Copenhagen), You are the Difference (the other video I showed you) and Happiness at Work webinar. I also follow Alexander's blog, the Chief Happiness Officer and his Twitter feed.
- Dan Ariely, What Makes us Feel Good About Our Work, (TEDx RiodelaPlata).
- Brene Brown, The Power of Vulnerability (TEDxHouston) and Listening to Shame (TED2012). I know it sounds weird to include vulnerability and shame in this happiness list. Brene Brown is one of the most inspiring speaker I've seen. They're worth a watch - honest!
- Gretchen Rubin, The Happiness Project
As I come across more, I'll add to this list.