Presented on 8/28/14 after the SCLS Board meeting with Kathy Pletcher presenting.
Public libraries bring value to our communities through educational programs, free access to a wealth of resources including books, media computer technology, and expertise of our library staff. Libraries also provide public space for people to gather for learning, community projects and contemplation. Yet public officials continue to ask if the public library has a future “now that everything is available on the Internet.”
Library trustees must be proactive in telling their story to those who can help keep our libraries strong and vibrant for our communities.
This workshop will cover topics such as:
• Improving your visibility in the community
• Being an effective advocate for your library in your community
• Influencing your primary donors: municipal, town, and village officials who fund your library
- Media Do's & Don'ts (ALA)
- What We Know About Wisconsin Libraries
- Relationship Assessment
- The Message
I also have a supply of printed copies of these. Please contact me if you'd like a copy.