News (in case you missed it!)
- 12/23/15 30,594 items and 2,512 bibliographic records (with only withdrawn items attached) were deleted in the monthly batch deletion of withdrawn items.
- 12/23/15 41,557 patron records were purged from the database this morning for the 2015 Purge of Inactive patrons.
- 12/18/15 Instructions for converting patron records from Juvenile to Adult and Limited Use-Juvenile to Limited Use (or Adult) have been posted in the Patron Record and Registration section of the Circulation Manual.
- 12/16/15 4,125 bibliographic records were added and/or updated in the database between 11/20/15 and 12/16/15.
- 12/16/15 SCLS ILS staff will be deleting the Not for Loan status "Exception" in January 2016. See the blog post for more information.
- 12/16/15 Reports for the 2015 Purge of Inactive Patrons have been sent to all libraries. Please read the blog post for more informaiton.
- 12/7/15 The monthly LINKcat.info and LINKcat Mobile reports for November are posted.
- 12/4/15 The UNIML (University on the Go) Shelving Location was deleted from Koha.
- 12/4/15 The BSR (Bestsellers) Shelving Location has been added to Koha.
- 12/1/15 The monthly Koha reports are available online.
Koha Known Problems--Recently Added & Updated:
- 12/16/2015 FIXED. Testers report that there is no longer a time lag. 11/11/15 NOT COMPLETELY FIXED. Testing in the Sandbox showed this problem fixed; testing in Production still produces a time lage anywhere from 5 seconds to 2 minutes. Re-reported to LibLime. 6/16/2015 Time lag between placing a hold and having it trapped. Libraries have found that when they place a hold and immediately check the item in to trap it for the hold, the item is not trapped. They have to wait a few minutes, check it in again and then the item is trapped. Problems only started occurring after 3/4/2015 4.18.09 point upgrade. This has been reported to LibLime. (5/6/2015) (SCLS Support ticket 3033)
- 12/15/2015 New. Search to Hold by item barcode skips screen. If you use the Search to Hold button from a patron's Check Out screen, you typically get a screen that provides Place Holds buttons pre-populated with the patron's info. Library staff have reported that since the 4.18.18 point release, using this feature and searching by item barcode skips the screen wit hteh patron-populate Place Hold button and goes directly to the Item Detail screen. This has been reported to LibLime. (12/15/15) (SCLS Support ticket 5541)