This News blog post is both late and early. Normally we do this once a week, but this version includes the two past weeks (late) and this week's posts (early).
- 11/23/2011 You now have two notice options for your second overdue notice (aka "Bill). Read the details in the link2koha blog post.
- 11/23/2011 SCLS is closed on Friday, November 25. Notices for November 24 and November 25 will be printed and distributed on Saturday, November 26.
- 11/21/2011 We have started testing Koha release 4.9 in the sandbox. We have sent calls for testing in the various modules to the appropriate email groups. Anyone using Koha may test as long as they are familiar with the functionality. Please see the new Testing page for links to the testing checklists. If you do wish to join in the testing, we ask that you do checklists assigned to where your last name falls in the alphabet. This will help assure that all areas get tested. But, you can always do more!
- 11/15/2011 As a reminder, the patron PAC survey will end on Friday, November 18. We will then compile the results and share them with the PAC Committee and the libraries.
- 11/15/2011 Beginning on 11/21 we will be asking for library staff to participate in testing functionality in the Koha sandbox. We are preparing checklists to make this an easier process. This is in preparation for our upgrade to LibLime Koha 4.10.
- 11/8/2011 We received word today that our Last Patron development is in the sandbox, along with some bug fixes. We will get busy testing this right away. We will be recruiting people to test in the sandbox so that we can upgrade to release 4.10 as soon as possible.
New Problems Identified
- Not for loan status in serials subscription records: Like the "Suppress" field, it appears that the Not for loan field is defaulting to the top of the list for the Not for loan selections. You will have to alter this field every time you edit a subscription record, just like having to alter the Suppressed field from Suppress to Do Not Suppress with each entry. (11/16/2011) (SCLS Support Ticket 39941) (Not on Koha Problems and Fixes spreadsheet)
- Display of authors: Authors that have a descriptive word in their authority record entry do not have a comma in between the author name and the word in the PAC (example Wilcox, David, vocalist). In the staff client, the author name and descriptive word does not have a space (Wilcox, Davidvocalist). (11/16/2011) (SCLS Support Ticket 41465) (Not on Koha Problems and Fixes spreadsheet)
- Holds Queue report: Item level holds that are In transit are appearing on Holds Queue reports. This only happens when the item level hold is placed on the item after it has already gone into transit. (11/8/2011) (SCLS Support Ticket 41365) (Not on Koha Problems and Fixes spreadsheet)