In the last couple of days, I've heard of lots of upcoming webinars (some free and some not) that I thought you might be interested in.
First, you may remember Pat Wagner from Pattern Research. We've had her speak at SCLS a few times over the past few years. She's working with LLAMA (Library Leadership & Management Association) and has three upcoming webinars
- The Executive Decision Maker's Secret Weapon - How You Can Make Better Choices with the Use of Graphic Models, Wednesday, October 21, 2-3:30 p.m. CT
- Learn the Supervisor's Balancing Act - How You Can Bring Out the Best in Your top People Without Micromanagment, Tuesday, November 3, 2-3:30 p.m. CT
- Make Your Library Dreams Come True - How to Use Project Management Techniques to Write a Strategic Plan, Monday, November 16, 2-3:30 p.m. CT
These webinars cost $39 for LLAMA Members and $49 for others.
- Hosting a Mock Newbery @ Your Library, Wednesday, October 14, 6 p.m. CST
- Marketing Your Library on the Web, Wednesday, November 10, 6 p.m. CST
- Connecting Kids with Great Web Sites, Tuesday, December 8, 7 p.m. CST
- Getting Your First Library Job: tips from Library Directors, Wednesday, March 17, 2010, 6 pm. CST
Since SCLS isn't using OPAL to deliver progamming anymore, you may need to upgrade the OPAL software (or contact the Help Desk - LINK Libraries).
Finally, came across this listing of 23 Free Webinars for Nonprofits - October 2009 in my Google Reader account today. This is a new blog for me, too - it looks like a good one! Not all of these webinars may appeal to libraries, but if they do try them out!
Enjoy learning at your desk!